Terms and Conditions
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS
AT AFFORDABLE CORPORATE SUITES
I. Area of applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply for all services provided by Affordable Corporate Suites, hereafter referred to as the “hotel”.
- Should the hotel change its general terms and conditions before the termination of the contract, the updated version is incorporated into the contract if the partner to the contract is informed in writing with reference to the legal consequences and the partner does not object to the incorporation within a period of 14 days.
- The customer’s general terms and conditions shall only form part of this contract if the hotel consents in writing to the incorporation in whole or for individually specified points.
II. Conclusion of the contract
- The contract (hereafter also referred to as the “booking”) becomes effective on request from the customer and through the acceptance by the hotel. The hotel is free to confirm the booking in writing, by telephone or email.
- If a third party makes the booking for the customer, it is liable to the hotel as the booking party together with the customer as joint debtor.
III. Services, prices, payment, billing
- The hotel is obligated to perform the services ordered by the customer and agreed to by the hotel.
- The customer is obligated to pay the hotel the agreed prices for these and other services enlisted. This also applies for hotel services and expenses induced by it for third parties.
- If the hotel rescinds with good cause, the customer has no claim for compensation.
- The agreed prices include the current statutory taxes. Should the rate of taxes applicable to the contractual services increase or decrease after the initiation of the contract, the prices shall be adjusted accordingly.
- The hotel reserves the right to increase the general price charged for services at any time.
- The payment for services rendered by the hotel without any deduction must be paid on the first day of the contract and on the subsequent due dates according to the terms of the contract. The hotel is entitled to render accumulated claims for payment at any time and to demand immediate payment. If payment is delayed, the hotel is entitled to claim interest for delay amounting up to 10% above the base rate. The hotel is at liberty to prove that the damages are greater and charge accordingly.
- The subleasing and re-leasing of allocated rooms, other rooms, spaces or portions thereof is forbidden.
- The hotel is entitled to demand upon agreement to terms of the contract an appropriate advance payment or security deposit from the customer. If an advance payment or security deposit is not made within the agreed period, the hotel can withdraw from the contract and claim compensation for damages.
- In justified cases (e.g. outstanding payment by the customer or extending the scope of the contract) the hotel is entitled to demand an increase of the advance payment agreed in the contract or an increased security deposit amounting to the expected costs of the accommodation.
- The hotel is further entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment or a security deposit from the customer at the beginning and during the customer’s stay, provided that such an advance payment or security deposit was not already paid in accordance with the above provisions.
- The customer can only settle or lower a claim by the hotel with an undisputed or valid claim.
IV. Room availability, delivery and return
- The customer does not acquire any claim for the availability of a particular room, unless the hotel confirms the availability of a particular room in writing.
- Booked rooms are available to the customer from 3:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on the day of arrival. The customer has no claim for earlier availability. Guests who arrive before 3:00 p.m. can move into their room as early as possible, according to availability.
- The available rooms are to be taken by 6:00 p.m. on the day of arrival. After this time the hotel can book out the rooms to others, unless the customer informed the hotel in advance and in writing that they would arrive later. The hotel is entitled to demand a guarantee for late arrivals.
- On the agreed day of departure, check-out is at 12:00 noon at the latest. After that time the hotel can charge 50 % of the agreed price of the room for the additional use of the room up until 6:00 p.m., and 100 % from 6:00 p.m. on. Possible further claims for compensation for damages by the hotel are reserved.
V. Withdrawal of the customer from the contract for accommodation (cancellation, rescission)
- A withdrawal by the customer from the contract of accommodation requires the prior written consent of the hotel. Without the hotel’s consent, the customer is obligated to pay the current price for a one night stay. The customer is at liberty to prove that the abovementioned claim does not exist or does not exist to the amount claimed.
- If a deadline for withdrawal from the contract free of charge was agreed between the hotel and the customer, the customer can withdraw from the contract until that point without initiating claims by the hotel for payment or compensation for damages. The customer’s right to rescind expires if it does not exercise its right to rescind against the hotel by the agreed deadline.
VI. Rescission by the hotel
- If it has been agreed that the customer can rescind without incurring costs within a defined period, the hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract within this period.
- If an agreed advance payment or an advance payment claimed on the basis of these general terms and conditions is not paid by the due date, the hotel is also entitled to rescind the contract. Moreover, the hotel can claim compensation for damages from the customer.
- The hotel is entitled to rescind the contract with immediate effect if, for example:
- Acts of God, natural disasters and other circumstances occur for which the hotel is not responsible make the fulfillment of the contract impossible
- Rooms are intentionally booked using misleading or false statements about facts which are material to the contract, e.g. who the customer is or the purpose of the stay
- The hotel has justified reason to assume that the use of hotel services can put at risk the smooth operation of the business, the security or the public reputation of the hotel, unless this is attributable to the hotel’s sphere of responsibility
- The purpose or reason of the stay is illegal
- There is an unauthorized sub-leasing or re-leasing contrary to III. 7. of these general terms and conditions
- The hotel is closed or being renovated
VII. Number of participants and general conduct
- Occupancy for each room is limited to two persons, and all occupants must register at time of check in.
- We are a tobacco, vapor, and smoke-free facility. Smoking is forbidden in all rooms, the laundry room, and the hotel office, and is permissible only in designated smoking areas. Candle and incense burning is not permitted in the rooms.
- Pets, illegal substances, and firearms are not permitted on the property.
- For security and privacy guests are requested to keep the room door and windows locked when the room is not occupied. The hotel will not be responsible for loss of money, jewelry, valuables, or other personal possessions and reserves the right to hold the guest responsible for loss or damage of hotel property due to guest negligence.
VIII. Own food, beverages and cooking
- Guests are allowed to purchase elsewhere, and bring into their rooms, food and beverages for consumption, preparation or cooking in their rooms, using the kitchens and utensils provided.
- Guests are cautioned not to place hot pots or other containers on the floor, table or any other portion of the property which is not heat-proof.
- Guests are liable for any damages to hotel property resulting from improper use of cooking utensils, pots and pans or other kitchen appliances.
- Empty food containers or unconsumed food and beverages should be placed in trash receptacles and not left exposed in rooms.
IX. Technical equipment, usage and connections
- The hotel provides each room with one or more HDTVs, DVD player, Wi-Fi access, Ethernet access to the Internet, and local telephone. While every effort is made to keep this equipment in good working order, it is not guaranteed to be problem-free.
- Guests playing televisions, radios or other audio-video equipment are asked to keep volume at normal (not loud) levels for the comfort and convenience of other guests.
- Failures in the technical, mechanical, or other equipment provided by the hotel will be corrected as soon as reasonably possible. Payments cannot be retained or reduced if the hotel was not responsible for these failures, and time of repair is not guaranteed.
X. Defects, customer’s obligation to cooperate
- Should defects in the facilities or services provided by the hotel arise or services be disrupted, the customer is to inform the hotel about this immediately or as soon as possible after it is identified so that the hotel is able to remedy the fault as quickly as possible or provide the facility or service as understood under the contract.
- The customer is obligated to cooperate with the hotel to keep damages arising to the property as low as possible. Should the customer fail to report any defects in the facilities or services provided, the customer may be held responsible for damages to the hotel property and its contents due to negligence.
XI. Hotel’s liability
- The hotel is liable to carry out its contractual duties with the diligence of a prudent businessperson. Claims by the customer for compensation for damages are excluded. Excluded from this are damages arising from death, injury to body or health. Damages due to the intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the hotel are also not included in the exclusion of liability.
- If the customer is provided with a place to park a vehicle in a hotel parking place, no contract for safekeeping is created. Customers are advised to keep all vehicle doors locked and have no valuables visible through windows. The hotel is not liable for any damage to or theft from vehicles.
XII. Final provisions
- Alterations and additions to the contract for accommodation are required to be in writing to be effective. Waiving the requirement of writing is also required to be in writing.
- The place of fulfillment and payment is the registered office of the hotel.
- The place where the hotel has its registered office is the exclusive jurisdiction for commercial issues.
- The laws of the States of North Carolina and Virginia, and the U.S. federal government, apply exclusively. Certain laws or ordinances of applicable local municipalities and counties also apply.
- Should individual provisions of the accommodation contract or individual provisions of these general terms and conditions for hotel accommodation become ineffective, the effectiveness of the remaining provisions will remain unaffected by this. Moreover, all legal and statutory provisions apply.