Affordable Corporate Suites is “Going Green” and Helping our Environment by:
- Turning off lights and turning down heating/air conditioning in unoccupied rooms or employee-only areas.
- Continually checking for and responding to leaking faucets and toilets.
- Continually checking for and powering down unused hotel equipment (i.e., kitchen exhaust fans) that have been left running.
- Reporting opportunities to management to reduce resource consumption.
Water and Energy
- Switching to low flow or dual flush toilets or installing toilet-tank fill diverters. As well as staying on top of leakage from the toilet flappers.
- Switching to LED regular and tube lights in guest rooms, laundry rooms, and entry ways.
- Purchasing Energy Star appliances for all rooms wherever possible. Replacing old washers with water and energy conserving models and dryers with energy saving models.
- Planting shade trees to reduce energy use for heating and cooling.
- Using recommended levels of insulation for all roofing.
- Making sure all waste-water is being properly treated either through onsite or municipal sewage system.
Recycling and Waste
- Providing recycling bins in public areas.
- Providing local hazardous waste collection thru our trash company.
- Including filter changes, refrigerator coil cleaning, thermostat calibration, water leak checks, and damper adjustments in our ongoing maintenance plan. Frequently checking that all building energy and water equipment are functioning properly.
- Tracking energy, water and waste use monthly. Making repairs and replacing equipment as needed.
Guests and Guest Rooms
- Donating old furniture and appliances to charities.
- Providing glass cups and ceramic mugs (instead of plastic) for in-room beverages.
- Buying guest amenities and hotel supplies in bulk.